By signing up for the Protonotes service ("Service") or any of the services of Protonotes ("Protonotes"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service"). Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://www.protonotes.com/termsOfUse.html. Protonotes reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Protonotes website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide a valid email address and any other information needed in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for keeping your Protonotes link secure. Protonotes cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account.
- You may not use the Protonotes service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You are responsible for all activity and content (data, links) uploaded under your Protonotes account.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any of the Account Terms as determined in the sole discretion of Protonotes will result in an immediate termination of your services.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- Protonotes does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Protonotes does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- You understand that your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violate any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Protonotes does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Protonotes shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- In no event shall Protonotes or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Protonotes.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Protonotes customer, Protonotes employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Protonotes service. All material you upload remains yours. You can remove your Protonotes workspaces at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove all content you have stored on the Service.
- By adding notes to Web pages with Protonotes.com, you agree to allow other internet users to view them and you agree to allow Protonotes to display and store them and you agree that Protonotes can, at any time, review all the content submitted by you to its Service.
- The failure of Protonotes to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Protonotes and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Protonotes (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- You retain ownership over all content that you submit to a Protonotes account however, by making your workspace public or inviting others into your workspace, you agree to allow others to view your content.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to feedback at Protonotes dot com.
Cancellation and Termination:
- You may cancel your account at anytime by sending an email to feedback at Protonotes dot com with the subject "Account Cancellation". You are solely responsible for cancelling your account.
- Once your account is cancelled all of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. Since deletion of all data is final, please be sure that you do, in fact, want to cancel your account before doing so.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Protonotes service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Protonotes may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
Modifications to the Service and Prices:
- Prices for using Protonotes are subject to change upon 14 days notice from Protonotes. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Protonotes Site (Protonotes.com).
- Protonotes reserves the right at any time to time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Protonotes shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (a) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. Protonotes EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. (b) Protonotes WILL MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO MAINTAIN THE SERVICE, HOWEVER, Protonotes IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OF DATA, CUSTOMER INFORMATION OR VENDOR DATA, REVENUE, OR OTHER HARM TO BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF DELAYS, NON-AVAILABILITY, MISDELIVERY OR NONDELIVERY OF INFORMATION, RESTRICTION OR LOSS OF ACCESS, BUGS OR OTHER ERRORS, UNAUTHORIZED USE DUE TO YOUR SHARING OF ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, OR OTHER INTERACTION WITH THE SERVICE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING AND BACKING UP YOUR DATA AND INFORMATION THAT MAY RESIDE ON THE SERVICE. Protonotes DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. © ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. (d) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE AGREEMENT.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Protonotes SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF Protonotes HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.